Comments poured in. Readers reacted to 80-20's decision to postpone its endorsement and 80-20's lawsuit against the Dept. of Labor. It seem that the stronger the attack against 80-20, the stronger 80-20 gets. Truth wins out under public scrutiny. We want to thank the ChAm GOP bigwigs for making the existence of EO 11246 well known among AsAms, and that 80-20 is fighting for them.
1) I appreciate you and the work of 80-20. Both parties need to understand that they should not make assumptions about our community. Thank you for standing up for what is right. I will be sending in my membership dues today.
Carol Suzuki, Chair, Oregon Commission on Asian Affairs
2) God job. Keep it up! Pedro Chan
3) Go S.B. Ting W. Lee
4) You are an honorable and honest civil rights leader for Asian American communities, which is the way beyond any partisan or individual interest. This is the mission of 80-20. I regret that those Chinese Americans (who attacked you) may either have failed to understand you or misunderstood you. It does not matter whether he or she is democratic, republican, independent or whatever. One thing we must face and always remember is we are yellow--Chinese or Asian American identity. It is a sellout and betrayal if one does not know one ethnic and cultural identity or fail to fight for the civil rights of its own group.
We thank you for your wonderful work and services for the communities and for Asian Americans. We salute you!
P. S. Please feel free to forward this to other colleagues.
JOIN 80-20 NOW.
Your joining is what will get the American political establish-
ment to understand that the days of free lunch from the ASAm
community are OVER. Now the two parties must provide services.
Do your share. Join this noble & powerful AsAm movement.
Any US citizen or permanent resident can join using a credit
card, go http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership.html
or http://www.80-20.info/membership.html .
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Jing-Li Yu 80-20 special Assistant
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK
of the check. Basic membership is $35; Family (2 voters) is
$50, Life Membership is $1,000. Sdt. membership is $15.
5) I certainly support you and 80-20. I really appreciate your effort and your spirit. Tell me some registration information, and I will consider what I can do for you. Qiang Liu
6) If Elaine Chao does not work to advance AsAm interests, then she does not deserve AsA support. I would vote for a Caucasian rather than an AsianAm if the Caucasian candidate does more to help AsAm causes than a look-alike AsA. Bill
7) I have been waiting for 80-20's suggestion of block voting for one candidate. Since I read your e-note today, I will be patiently waiting again. Thanks for all the hard work you did for us Asians.
Barbara Yang from Cupertino, Calif.
8) you must give stronger support to 80-20, the Asian-American organization founded by S.B. Woo, before i will give any more money.
Amy Han in her reply to Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry-Edwards 2004
9) Thank the e-mail, I think even both so call big party do not care our request, we can vote third party, we do not let them think we are cheap, they have to do something for our votes, I will pray for you.
10) Thanks for your response to the Republican attack. It makes the issue much more clearer. Also, thanks for the 2 week postponement of 80/20's endorsement for the presidential nominees. If no firmer & active response from them, why not postpone another 2 weeks if it can
be done practically? Actually, their job is on the hook. We should take the opportunity of the close contest between them.
11) Your organization is making a loyal believer out of me! Keep up the good work! Mike Lim, Senior, Urban Studies, UC Berkeley
12) Nothing is free in this country. If those politicians want our votes, they have to pay. Elaine Chao may not consider herself an AsAm. Otherwise she will enforce the executive order when she took her post. If we want our voice to be heard, suing her is the best way. Let the court decide! G. Lu
13) I think both party are trying to get free lunch, but at least Kerry express support in first place against that mean guy in the White House. So we have to pick better one. I suggest to ensure Demac Party again about our concern then we make final decision. We can let the
East's Chinese leader know that we are not concern partisan and not against Ms. Chou personally, but she is just in unlucky position at the moment. We are suing Secretary of Labor only, that is all we care.(But should we consider not fight each other which being laughed by other races, or have another way to do it??)
14) You have my support. I realize what kind of efforts you have made to fight for the equal right that we ought to have for all of us. I admire you for your courage, and greatly appreciate what you have done and are doing for our society. I just want to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH". Best Wishes Shu Liang (from Texas)
15) You are right. We appreciate what you have done for AsAm! You have our strong support! We believe that 80-20 should have a division in each state to expand and strengthen 80-20's influence on the US politics. I would appreciate your opinion.
Zhongjie Sun, MD, PhD Assistant Professor of Medicine &
Physiology & Functional Genomics, University of Florida