Wednesday, April 24, 2002

A Student Saves Money to Pay 80-20 Dues


#################

If you have paid your dues and have NOT visited web page: http://www.80-20initiative.net/memberlist.html

yet, YOU MUST. If your name is NOT there, it may mean 80-20's
record is wrong, & you will NOT have a vote. ##################

All of us at 80-20 were moved by the following email correspondence:

(A) A Student E-Mailed To Suggest That 80-20 Institute A "Student Membership"
Of $15 Per Year:

Dear 80-20 Staff,

I have been on your e-mail list for a couple of years now, and am very

impressed with what the organization has become with your leadership
and direction. I want to contribute monetarily and becoming a voting member,
but like a lot of the folks on the e-mail list, I am still a student. I
suggest that you create a student membership ($15/year), so that folks
like myself can become an official member.

Respectfully Yours,

Harrison (last name withheld to avoid embarrassing the student)



(B) S. B. E-Mailed Back To Offer An Alternative Solution:

80-20 has considered setting student dues but decided against it because
a lot of students spend more than $35 during their weekends. In your case,
things may be different. Will you send me your address? I'd be glad
to send you a "thank you" gift of $20 personally. Then you
can pay the full fee. I'll do the same thing next year as well, until
you are not a student.

I am very moved by your e-mail. The next time we have a Steering
Comm. meeting, we'll discuss the matter of student dues again.

SB

(C) The Student Decides to Tighten His Belt & Pay Full Dues:

Dear Mr. Woo,

First, I want to thank you for responding to my e-mail. Second, I am
currently studying abroad in China until this June. Going over my semester
budget, I will be able to make the full membership dues 35. I hope
that you and your staff will keep up the great work because we

ARE making a difference.

Respectfully Yours,

Harrison

- - - - - - - - - -

If you are NOT a member yet, please join today.


Basic (1 vote) -- $35
Family (for couples only, 2 votes) -- $50
Any US citizen or permanent resident can be a member TODAY using a credit
card, visit http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership.html .

PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:

Professor Chun Wa Wong
3780 Keystone Ave.
Suite 106
Los Angeles, CA 90034-6363

Write down your e-mail address in the check. Thank you.


------ Paid for by 80-20 PAC ------


Good News:

1. Peter Suzuki, former Nat'l President of NAPABA (National

Asian Pacific American Bar Assoc.), is now the president
of

80-20's NJ Chapter.

2. A new magazine "MONOLID" (as opposed to double eye lids)

which targets the APA market generously provides
an attractive

full page ad for 80-20, in its back cover-page.
Visit:

http://www.monolid.com