Many readers commented on the news. They congratulated 80-20 for having helped cause the increase of Asian Am. federal judges from 6 to 11 in its 4 years -- adding 3 just this year. We again thank Pres. Obama, Sen. Feinstein and Sen. Boxer of Calif. Some of readers' feedbacks are shared with you below. None of emails were solicited.
(1) I really appreciate all your work and dedication to make history, one after another, for us Asians. Two days ago, I visited Angel Island, as part of the OCA Annual Convention activities. The bitter stories of Asians' immigration made the progress 80-20 has achieved seems like reaching the moon. I know our struggles are not over yet. Thank God we have committed and courageous leaders like you to carry on the torches. . . . . Marisa Chuang Ming
(2) Congratulation! for your exclusively calculated organizing strategy it's beginning to bear fruits. Ed Ma
(3) Congratulations on your tremendous advocacy and persistence! This is fantastic news. Ted Lieu, California State Assemblyman, Chair of the California API Legislative Caucus, & a candidate for California's Attorney General
(4) Thank you for the great news. How do members of 80-20PAC email Feinstein for the nomination and Obama for making good on his promise? . . . . .LeLeng Issac
(Comment: In response, 80-20 provided Leleng with Sen. Feinstein's fax number. Indeed, partially owing to this reader's comment, 80-20 will soon ask the entire Asian Am. community to express our thanks to both Sen. Feinstein and Sen. Boxer, who has played a role in the appointment of one of the 3 additional judges.)
(5) Thanks for your efforts. Job is well done. W. T. Sha
(6) I am grateful to your work. As a member, I will continue to try my best to support your efforts. Sherman
(7) Grrrreat work!! Thanks for your amazing fore-sight, leadership, and efforts. Astrid
(8) I certainly appreciate the efforts of 80-20. . . Thanks for your efforts, Gene
(9) Thank you very much for your message and for your outstanding work. William
(10) Great Job! I hope you will do the same thing for New Jersey governor election as you did for Obama. Helen
(Comment: 80-20's NW Ohio chapter indeed sent a questionnaire to all mayoral candidates of Toledo and received positive and speedy responses. An 80-20 chapter is the best way to achieve political impact in your own locality. For more information, write Helen Wang, 80-20 Special Assistant email@example.com.)
We like to urge our supporters to remember that "Success has a thousand fathers." We encourage them to spread the credit around -- the only way to forge the grand unity of the Asian Am. community. Unity is much more important than which organization deserves the credit. UNITY 2d9 is OUR quickest path to EQUAL CITIZENSHIP.
Join 80-20. This will be the best investment you've ever made. Can you afford $35/$50 per year for your children's equal citizenship? 80-20 is the ONLY Asian Am. NGO working for you on the political front. You've seen how hard we've worked and how effective we have been. Visit http://www.80-20initiative.net. We need NEW members, that probably means YOU. Thank you.
S. B. Woo
Acting Exec. Director, 80-20 PAC, Inc. (a volunteer)