Good news. Another competitive Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. John Edwards, replied with all yeses.
For his signed reply to our questionnaire, visit
80-20 still has not heard from Sen. Barack Obama, Gov. Bill Richardson and Rep. Dennis Kucinich. We've not heard from any of the Republican presidential candidates except for Fred Thompson. His campaign answered:
"Senator Thompson has a policy against responding to questionnaires."
Does Senator Thompson understand that he is running in a democracy? Does he understand that America's forefathers designed the election so that during an election a small minority like the Asian Americans who can't afford to hire lobbyists in Washington D.C. and are not hooked into the political establishment can use this window to get our voice heard? Forget him. Forget Fred Thompson.
UNITY is power.
S. B. Woo A member of the Exec. Comm. & former President, 80-20 Initiative
REMINDER & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
(1) Let's not forget that Senators Biden, Clinton, Dodd, and Gravel have answered 80-20's questionnaire with "all yeses" earlier.
(2) Bryan Jung of the Edwards Campaign, Joe Trippie, SB's friend and a well-known political consultant, and Dale Minami, a well- known Civil Rights lawyer in SF, all helped 80-20 with Sen. Edwards.
There are 9 types of membership:
1. Basic (1 vote) -- $35
2. Family (Two names to get 2 votes) -- $50
3. Professional (1 vote) -- $75
4. Professional family (2 names to get 2 votes) -- $150
5. Student -- $15
6. Life** -- $1000
7. Family life** (two names to get 2 votes) -- $1,500
8. Honorary Life** -- $5,000
9. Honorary Family Life** (two names to get 2 votes) -- $10,000
** Membership names on permanent display on 80-20's web site.
Any US citizen or P.R. can join, using a credit card, visit
http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership/payment.asp(easy to use) or http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership/join.asp (Paypal)
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Jing-Li Yu Treasurer
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK of the check.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.