Monday, February 10, 2003

Unsolicited Responses to Call to Action

Have you sent your fax or e-mail to the Republican leadership
regarding Rep. Coble yet?

If not, please do your share. See fax numbers and e-mail addresses
at the end of this e-mail. If yes, enjoy the following selected but
unsolicited responses to 80-20's "Call for Action." They are in two
categories:

(A) HOW SUPPORTERS CONNECT WITH 80-20:

" ... I REMEMBER THE INTERNMENT & it's not justified. Rep.
Coble says he was 10 when we were interned. I was 10 years old
when I was interned - as one book puts it: "A Child in Prison Camp" ...
The Rev. Timothy M. Nakayama, Priest, retired, Dem., Seattle, WA

... I support 80-20's position asking .... Yang-Xin Fu, M.D., Ph.D.
Dept of Pathology and Committee on Immunology, U. of Chicago

Here is a response (a form response from Speaker Hastert) ... thanks,
S. Nakamura

I agree with you wholeheartedly, having been harassed on the street.
The situation is frightening, indeed. ...... Som Somasundara

Thank you. What about communicating with Tom Ridge, Secretary of
Homeland Security? Betty Tomita

..... A leader like him will not only cause more ethnic and racial
tension within the country but will also destroy the harmony, peace,
dream and/or hope of many American citizens. Y-T. Lee, Ph.D.,
Chair and Professor, Department of Ethnic Studies, Minnesota St. U.

... Failure to do so will undo all the good will President Bush and the
Republican Party have built within our community ... Vo Nguyen, MD
& Sonia Lim, MD, Independent voters, Memorial Nephrology Assoc.

... He should be ashamed being the chairman of the Homeland Security
Subcommittee. ... Stanley P. L. Leong, MD, FACS (Registered as
a Republican), Professor of Surgery, Univ. of California, San Francisco

(B) WHY 80-20 IS SPREADING SO FAST -- from 300 to 600,000
supporters in 4.5 years

... I will do my best to make sure that your call to action is send to as
many Asian Americans and ... Dr. Gurminder Singh

... I am attending a Republican Dinner during which I plan to raise
this issue and demand Rep. Coble be hold accountable for his view on
the internment. Yuric Hannart

Excellent. We have included your letter in our web site, chiamonline.
org. You did a splendid job! Tze-chung Li, Ph.D., Professor and
Dean Emeritus, Dominican University

Can you give me more idea about your organization? Jagdish Shah

I forwarded to many others. ..... Mary

... I will do my part and forward this to my friends as well. ... Nancy

I am sending a check to be a member of the 80-20. I will also send
e-mail to the Republican leadership .... William T. Liu (Professor
Emeritus, The University of Illinois)

Thank you so much for your efforts on behalf of all minorities. If I
could be of any assistance in the future , please count on me.
Dinesh O. Shah

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fax (preferred, more effective) or e-mail or phone the following leaders.

Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, R, IL:
Fax: (202) 225-0697, dhastert@mail.house.gov, Phone: (202) 225-2976

Rep. Tom Delay, R, TX, 10% of his constituents are APAs, Majority Leader
Fax: (202)225-5117, tom.delay@mail.house.gov, Phone: (202)225-4000

Andrew Card, Chief of Staff, The White House
Fax: (202) 456-1907

Governor Marc Racicot, MT, Chair of the National Republican Comm.
Fax: 202.863.8820, info@rnc.org, Phone: 202.863.8500

An example is shown below. However, please use your own words.

I support 80-20's position asking Rep. Coble to apologize and resign
as the chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommitt ee. A
leader like him threatens my sense of security for my family. It'll
affect how I'll vote in 2004.
Signature
Name, title, profession
Party, particularly if your are a Republican or an Independent
Postal address

*****
For a direct quote on Rep. Coble's statement on a radio show at: WKZL-FM
in Greenboro, NC. see an AP article reproduced at:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030206/ap_on_ *****