Thanks to YOU, 80-20 has won POLITICAL CLOUT for you and your children. Here are 3 examples.
1) 80-20 expressed its disappointment with the "American out-
shines Kwan ..." headline on 03/01/02. Two days later Seattle Times issued its second apology that was vastly different in its contents, tone and length from its first apology.
2) 80-20 demanded on 10/27/00 that an unscrupulous Republican political
TV ad fanning "yellow peril" be withdrawn, the next day it was withdrawn.
3) 80-20 appealed on 12/27/00 to the APA community to ask the Bush Administration to consider appointing an APA to its cabinet. Two days later Vice Pres. Cheney called Norman Mineta about his interest to serve as the Transportation Secretary.
Thanks to YOU, 80-20 is YOUR ORGANIZATION , not a play-thing of the
elite. 80-20's bylaws require that
1) all board members and officers are to be elected by dues-paying members
2) only dues-paying members, who pay dues at least 2 months before the election, may run for office (being rich and famous is NOT qualification to become 80-20 leaders),
3) each elected offices must have AT LEAST TWO nominees (so that power is NOT passed to cronies), and
4) every elected position has a SHORT term limit.
There has NEVER been an org. like 80-20 in the APA community.
Join 80-20 for your children & grandchildren's sake.
If you are NOT a member yet, please join any of the following six:
1. Basic (1 vote) -- $35
2. Family (for couples only, 2 votes) -- $50
3. Life** -- $1000
4. Family life** (couples only, 2 votes) -- $1,500
5. Honorary Life** -- $5,000
6. Honorary Family** (couples only, 2 votes) -- $10,000
** Membership names in permanent display on 80-20's web site. See
Any US citizen or permanent resident can be a member TODAY using a credit
card, visit http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership.html .
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Professor Chun Wa Wong
3780 Keystone Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034-6363
Write down your e-mail address in the check. Thank you.
Tuesday, March 26, 2002
You Made It Happen!
Posted by 80-20 Initiative at 3:21 PM