Dear Fellow Asian Americans:
The Board of 80-20 Political Action Committee (PAC), after a 2 day
meeting, respectfully requests
YOUR verdict for the PAC to
either GROW or DIE by March 22, 2013.
The PAC was formed 12 years ago to give Asian American community
the necessary group political clout to induce our nation's political
establishment to treat us as equal citizens. Over the years, about 6,500
individuals, out of a community of 14.5 million, have sacrificed their time
and money to support the PAC. It averages to an annual membership of
about 2,000 and an annual budget of about $100,000. Tens of those
6,500 sacrificed much more -- giving years of their lives and donating tens
of thousands of dollars.
80-20, in its own evaluation, has accomplished much, though not
reaching the final goal. See below so that you may give 80-20 an
80-20's Top 10 Accomplishments
1) Stopping in 1 day GOP's "Daisy" TV Ad fanning "yellow Peril"
2) Inducing Abercrombie & Fitch to withdraw its T-shirts in 3 hours
3) Our 1st bloc vote brought the first AsAm Cabinet Secretaries
4) Stopping racist attack on AsAm political candidates for good
5) An ad that cracks the glass ceiling over Asian Americans
6) A 2006 bloc vote that truly rewarded and punished
7) The source of 80-20's power - 3 bloc votes
8) Pres. Obama's signed reply to 80-20, with all yeses
9) Doubling the number of AsAm federal judges in 4 yrs.
10) Equality before law (E.O. 11246) for AsAms, finally!
An accounting of its 1st accomplishment will be emailed to you in
2 days. The other accomplishments will follow in the next 3 months.
If you don't help the PAC to DOUBLE its membership, we accept your
verdict. 80-20 PAC shall be dissolved on March 22, 2013*.
To summarize and to be frank, the toll on those who keep 80-20 alive in
order to serve the political welfare of our community has become
unbearable after 12 years. Many of the key persons are exhausted
or burnt out. Therefore, unless more Asian Americans are willing to step
up and take a turn to serve our weak, meek and exploited community,
80-20 shall die through apathy.
Is 80-20 worth the $35 ($50 for family) membership as social equity for
insurance for you & your children? Are you willing to do YOUR part
to preserve & strengthen this organization for future generations'
sake? The time for decision is now.
If you want the 80-20 PAC to "double", then act!
S. B. Woo on behalf of the Board of 80-20 PAC, Inc.
To join or donate, go http://www.80-20initiative.net or send your check
to 80-20 PAC P.O. Box 603 Osprey, FL 34229.
* If 80-20 is dissolved, the membership fee of those with valid member-
ship beyond 2012 will be returned to the respective members. The
PAC's website will stay up so that history will know that about 300 Life
Members tried valiantly to serve the Asian Am. community but 300 is too
small a number out of a community of 14.5 million. To know more about
80-20 PAC, its mission & other accomplishments,
Grateful acknowledgement: Leonard & Jenny Cheng, Hong Kong: $5,000