1) Celebrate July 4th with a flag! Display one in your house/shop. What does becoming a US citizen mean? It means that one owes his/her primary allegiance to the USA. It doesn't mean one needs to stop caring for the people of his/her old country. One may of course continue to be proud of one's own heritage.
2) Thanks to you, for two consecutive months 80-20 has set the historic best record for membership. Thanks to you, our current number of members has already exceeded rosters for the ENTIRE year of 2007 or 2008. 80-20 is most grateful for YOUR expression of confidence in 80-20.
Ever wonder how 80-20 has spent your dues???? Go http://www.80-20initiative.net ; pull down "About Us," and click on "Meeting Documents." Then, click on Physical Meetings' dockets/minutes of each year from 2003 on. Our revenues, expenditures & Board decisions are there for the whole world to examine. 80-20 prides itself for its transparency. Even minutes of our Executive Comm. meetings were posted.
3) Professor Chenming Hu, an 80-20 PAC Board Member, and the TSMC Distinguished Professor of Microelectronics at the University of California, Berkeley, was honored by the IEEE on 6/24 in Los Angeles. In an IEEE press release, Hu was lauded as a "Microelectronics Visionary."
He was awarded the 2009 IEEE Jun-Ichi Nishizawa Medal. His con-tributions include greatly increasing the reliability of MOS devices and a promising field-effect transistor (FET) called the "FinFET."
Professor and Mrs. Hu are Honorary Family Life Members of 80-20.
4) Yuko Nakanishi, an 80-20 PAC Board Member, and VP of Intelligent Transportation Society (ITS) recently represented her chapter to accept the Best State Chapter Award given by ITS America.
5) A nice Chinese poem, dedicated to 80-20, is shown below for those who read Chinese to enjoy. Thank you: Gary Tang, LEED AP. ☺ Short peoms in other languages are welcome.
To double our political clout, 80-20 needs twice the membership. Have you done your share for your children? If not, visit http://www.80-20initiative.net, click on the red button "JOIN 80-20" at the lower right corner of the page. Or send a check to 80-20 PAC, PO Box 22509, Philadelphia, PA 19110. The dues of NEW members will be matched up to $3,500.