Please forward this newsletter to your AsAm GOP friends.
Dear Asian American Republicans:
Our community really needs your help to win equal opportunity in 1) college admission for our children and 2) workplaces for ourselves.
For years you've been told by Asian Am. Republican leaders, whose livelihood depends on their careers with the Republican Party, that "S. B. Woo is a Democrat" and that "80-20 is a Democratic front." Wrong!
Since 2001, S. B. Woo has declared that for the rest of his life he'd not run for any office nor accept any federal appointment, & he would switch to register as an Independent.
Do you think the AsAm Republican leaders should make the same personal sacrifice to clear their self-interest before they accuse others?
Is 80-20 a Democratic front? NO! Here are 3 facts showing how 80-20 has tried to entice AsAm GOP leaders to unite and serve our community.
1) Giving GOP Presidential candidates MORE TIME to answer its questionnaire. It was so for George Bush in 2000 and 2004. It is so for Sen. McCain this year.
2) Giving Republicans more than its fair share of delegates to 80-20's Endorsement Convention. See the % of registered Republicans nationwide & in the AsAm community:
However, 80-20's bylaws allocates 1/3 R, 1/3 D and 1/3 I for the delegates to its Endorsement Convention.
3) Using gentler language with Sen. McCain than with Democratic presidential candidates*. See examples of earlier emails to D's appended at the end of this newsletter.
AsAm Republicans: 80-20 has done all it could to raise the conscience & consciousness of AsAm GOP Leaders. Now it's up to you to take a stand.
AsAm GOP leaders often imply that Asian Ams lack the skills to be managers in workplaces, and that's why they don't push Sen. McCain to reply to 80-20's questionnaire with all yeses. Let's say that they are right. However, how could these same leaders be so silent when our children, who are indeed good enough to get into the good schools, face higher college admission bars?
Could it be that AsAm GOP leaders have worked too hard for partisan interest and too little for our community? In contrast, most AsAm Democratic leaders helped 80-20 induce Senators Obama and Clinton to reply with all yeses.
Will you exercise independent judgment? Will you send a fax to Sen. McCain urging him to answer 80-20's questionnaire with all yeses please? Fax to (703) 413-0740.
Let the AsAm Republican leaders know that they are out of touch with their own people. Be a leader to fight for our community!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Subject: Spreading Outrage against Sen. Clinton From: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: December 5, 2007 1:51:17 PM EST
* Subject: CALL TO ACTION -- DEFEAT Obama From: email@example.com Date: December 27, 2007 10:54:23 AM EST
For details, go http://www.80-20initiative.net/and pull down "newsletters" on the menu.