By Joel Wong, Board Member, The 80-20 Initiative
This email is for US citizens NOT yet registered to vote.
Are you registered to vote?
Two types of citizens need to register: (1) those who've never registered, and (2) have registered but have moved to a new address. Please fulfill your obligation as a citizen and a model Asian American. Your vote is important in our democratic process, in our future, and in the future of our country.
Here is the EASIEST way to register to vote! It will be the most meaningful 10 minutes you'll spend in your life, for your children and future generations.
Visit https://ssl.capwiz.com/congressorg/nvra. The steps to Register to Vote are:
1. Select your state
2. Enter the required information
· Fill in all the required information as indicated by a red *
· Click on "instruction" as needed for further explanation
· After you have completed the required information, go to the bottom of the page to click on the "Preview My Voter Registration"
3. Print your voter registration application (requires Adobe Acrobat software which you can download free at this site)
4. Proofread, sign and date the voter registration application
5. Mail your voter registration application to the address on the form.
Upon receiving your application, your state will mail you a voter registration card. YOU NEED TO FILL THAT OUT AND MAIL IT IN. Only then are you truly registered.
Note that registering to vote is ALWAYS A TWO-STEP PROCESS, whether you register via a website or travel to a registration place.
Visit https://ssl.capwiz.com/congressorg/nvra/ NOW!
When the "Voter Registration Card" comes, you may want to choose to vote Absentee. That is you can "vote by mail" instead of going to a polling place. More and more people prefer to vote Absentee because it is easier and you have more time to study the candidates and issues.
Most states allow "vote by mail." About 20 days before the voting date, you will receive a ballot on which you may check for whom and on what issues to vote. Put the ballot in an envelope; sign on the backside of the envelope, mail it in and you will have voted. You will have fulfilled your duty as an Asian American and a US citizen who asserts his/her rights.
SAVE this e-mail & forward it to your relatives & friends. Thank you.
Join 80-20. Using a credit card, visit
http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership/payment.asp (easy to use) or
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Jing-Li Yu Treasurer
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Please write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK of the check. Thank you.