Friday, December 01, 2006

How THE BEST OF THE EBEST responded

See how THE BEST OF THE BEST have responded to 80-20's appeal for help to increase its membership.

Help poured in. A father recruited his son.; a daughter her parents; a professor his former Ph. D. students, a young lady her boy friend, and an anonymous recruited two Life Members for 80-20. Please see emails below.

What a demonstration of the spirit that the Asian American community desperately needs: "all for one and one for all." We forged unity, lifted mutual spirits, and together will win equal opportunity and justice for all Asian Americans.

Please, if you are not a member yet, consider joining. Anyone joining before 12/31 ecomes a member this year AND the entire year of 20007. The best gets involved.


PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Jing-Li Yu Director of Projects
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK of the check. Life membership is $1,000; Family (2 voters) is $50; Basic Membership is $35; Student membership is $15.

Greatly privileged to serve YOU for 32 more days (See names of new officeers at the end of this email),

S.B.

See Emails From THE BEST OF OUR BEST


1) From Kim Song
I have already recruited one, my son, Ben Song, who is a junior majoring International Business Adm. :)

2) From Tina Fong who emailed her father:
Her father replied: "I'll pay $50 for a good cause!. Love , Dad"

3) From John Chi
I influenced one (Victor Yu) to join 80-20. He in turn got his two children to join 80-20.

4) From Tjien Oei
Yes I will recruit one member for you besides myself before December 31, 2006.

5) From Scott Schai
I am committed to recruit one member by year's end.

6) From Linden Nishinaga
I have just recruited a new member John Wong. I'll keep looking for more.

7) From K.L. Wang, a founder of OCA and ECCFC, a member of the Committee of 100, who mentored S.B. when he first entered politics. K.L. sets "paying forward" in motion for all of us.
Dear Larry: Are you a member of 80-20? It is an excellent non-partisan
organization fighting for empowerment of Asian Americans that I am a
great supporter? I do not know how to use my son's computer to forward
this message from S. B. Woo, a very good friend of mine, to our Truth
Council members. Would you kindly do this for me? Thank you.

8) From Xing Wu
I will, and I will put that in my prayers, too.

9) From Yun-Qing
Yes, I will call two former Ph.D. students of mine who graduated in 2006 to join 80-20.

10) From Angela Cheng

… I have recruited 4. I am working on my sister who is a professor at Tuft University.

11) From an Anonymous who recruited 2 Family Life Members for 80-20: Drs. Karl Ching and Karen Taniguichi, both physicians.

- - - - - - - -

PS Kindly please support the newly elected officers & Board Member as GREATLY as you did for other outgoing Board members, Officers & me.

ELECTED OFFICERS:

President: Kathleen To (New Mexico)
Vice President: Amy Wong Mok (Texas)
Secretary: Rajen Anand (Southern California)
Treasurer: Jing-Li Yu (New York)
Chair, Nomination Committee: Linden Nishinaga (Southern California)


ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS:

David Chai (Northern California)
Kelvin Chen (Southern California)
Hong-Yee Chiu (Maryland)
Laura Ling Hsu (Texas)
Kim Hyunsook Song (Missouri)
Joel Wong (Northern California)
David Yang (Pennsylvania)