Saturday, March 20, 2004

Power of a BLOC VOTE, illustrated

The following shows how a BLOC VOTE by AsAms in Calif., who represent only 8% of CA's voters, can tip the 55 electoral votes to either Bush or Kerry.

Don't believe it? Read on!!

Two presidential candidates are contesting for CA, which for simplicity is assumed to have two constituent groups only. One group has only 1 million votes (8%) and the other has 11 million votes (92%). Candidate A decides to spend his resources on the larger group. Candidate B decides to spend his resources mostly courting the much smaller minority community that has the ability to deliver 80 % of its votes to its endorsed candidate, much like what the Jewish American and African American communities has done for decades.

When the ballots are counted, presidential candidate A wins the larger community by the ratio of 52/48. The margin of difference is 4%. Since the larger group has 11 millions votes, 4% of 11 million votes provides a winning margin of 440,000 votes to candidate A. Presidential candidate B, having won the endorsement of the minority community, won that community's vote by a ratio of 80 to 20. The difference between 80% and 20% is 60%. 60% of 1 million votes is 600,000 votes. As a result, presidential candidate B wins CA's 55 electoral votes by (600,000 minus 440,000) electoral votes 160,000 votes. Note that 55 electoral votes represent more than 20% of what a candidate will need to be the next President of the US.

Astounding? Yes. That is why 80-20 emphasizes a BLOC VOTE, and why 80-20 has been effective in gathering political clout on YOUR behalf. Unity is power, please help back.
- - - - - - - - - -

Any US citizen or permanent resident can be a member using a credit card,
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC",
mailed to: Jing-Li Yu 80-20 special Assistant
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK of the check. Thank you.