2. The higher admission standard required for our children to enter top colleges, and the lower glass ceiling we face at work place show that we do not enjoy equal citizenship yet.
3. Powerful organizations in African and Jewish American communities, such as the NAACP, AIPAC, the American Jewish Committee, and the Anti-Defamation League, have demonstrated that civil rights and liberty in the United States can only be safeguarded if both community-serving organizations and the courts work together. 80-20 PAC is one such major organization that specifically serves Asian American communities.
With the Lunar New Year just passed, Asian Americans need to emulate one exemplary practice of many other ethnic groups in the United States: the Tithe. In this way, we can truly develop our American identity while preserving our unique heritage. 80-20 PAC depends on you for survival and prosperity!
3. The glass ceiling they will face in their career needs to be shattered! 4. The 2016 election shows that we still have a long way to go in order to enjoy equal citizenship in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.
So, we ask you to follow a good Asian tradition of the Lunar New Year celebration, to give a red envelopeto your children by joining 80-20 PAC or even to get them a membership (if they are 18 or above), so that we can fight together for their bright future!
Yin-Long (YQ) Qiu Co-Coordinator and V.P. in Charge of Chapters firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen To Co-Coordinator and Secretary email@example.com
1. The 2016 election has shown that as Asian Americans, we must come together to protect ourselves against Xenophobia and Discrimination.
2. 80-20 PAC went into two years of retrenchment before the election, where we reduced our activity and re-organized in order to come out stronger. Many members might have forgotten to renew their membership when the PAC became active again in time for the 2016 election. Hence, our membership numbers are down right now.
3. We now have a new leadship team in place, and we need more of you to join the PAC so that we can fight the discrimination against us, whether it is the higher standard required of our children to enter top colleges, the lower glass ceiling against us in the work place, or bigotry in some biased news media reporting.
PLEASE visit our website to see if your membership is up-to-date, and if not, please go to our join/renew page to pay your dues. PLEASE also ask your friends or relatives to join 80-20 PAC during all the parties you will attend in the coming week to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Together, we shall prosper!
With the New Year just passed and the Lunar New Year right around the corner, we wish you a Happy 2017!
You may have noticed in the last e-newsletter from our just retired president, Dr. SB Woo, that 80-20 PAC has a new leadership team. Dr. Woo, a former lieutenant governor of Delaware, could have joined a consulting firm to enjoy a lucrative career after leaving office. Instead, he chose to help Asian Americans fight for equal opportunity and to earn equal citizenship in this country, as we face all sorts of hurdles from unequal college admission standards to bamboo ceilings in the work place. He did so for more than 18 years as a volunteer! From time to time he would even bring in his wife Katy to help him to execute the projects. We would like to thank Dr. and Mrs. Woo for their selfless and tireless service to our communities and this country!
With the historic 2016 presidential election over and President-elect Trump to be sworn in in a week, Asian Americans, as the most rapidly growing racial group in the United States, have a lot to think about on how we are going to help make America a more perfect union. We ask you to make a New Year's Resolution to join the PAC or to renew your membership, so that we can build our American Dream together!