Want to hear radio ads for Hillary?
Our Mutual Obligations
80-20 takes its commitment to help Hillary in the CA Dem. Primary on June 7th very seriously. At the same time, we take Hillary's commitment to help AsAms achieve equal opportunity, upon becoming the President, just as seriously. We trust that all AsAms feel the same way.
These ads for Hillary are beginning to fill CA's airwaves and appear on the front pages of ethnic newspapers in the AsAm community. Listen to the radio ads and read the print ads. Share your comments with me please. :-)
(1) For Chinese radio ad: http://www.80-20initiative.net/2016/CA2.mp3.
(2) For Korean radio ad: Click on it a dropbox appears, click to start sound.
(3) For Chinese front page ad: 80-20initiative.net/images/2016ca2.jpg
(4) For Korean front page ad: http://www.80-20initiative.net/2016/CAKor.pdf
(5) For India-West full page ad: http://www.80-20initiative.net/2016/CAInd.pdf
(6) For an Chinese article, entitled "Need a powerful political tool", click here .
Ads in Vietnamese are still in preparation.
Great Publicity for Complaint Against
Yale, Brown and Dartmouth
80-20 is NOT a leader in this initiative. We are just one of the 100-plus orgs. in that group. This initiative was under the leadership of Yukong Zhao, working with Mr. Ed Blum and his lawyers. 80-20 is NOT betting on the outcome of this complaint, but we hope that we are wrong. :-) The case has been filed with the U.S. Dept. of Education and Dept. of Justice under a Democratic Administration, which is good for AsAms in many areas but not so good in others e.g., the college admissions issue.
Why did 80-20 join in the official complaint, if we don't expect great results?
For two reasons:
(1) It'll keep the news of discrimination against AsAm youths by Ivy League colleges on the public's mind. Some QUALITY articles have followed. Click here to see articles in Brookings Institute blog, CBS News, & Fortune Magazine.
(2) 80-20 strongly believes that
"To be a good leader, one must be a good follower."
80-20 wants to set an example. Otherwise, how will the AsAm community ever unite?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bloc vote for Hillary on June 7th. Spread the Word.
A large turn-out of AsAm Independents/NPP in CA on June 7th is a must. All one needs to do is to verbally ask for a Democratic ballot for president on 6/7 at one's own polling station. If you vote absentee, please make a special request to your county election office to ask for a democratic party ballot by the deadline of May 31.
Why is 80-20 doing so much for Hillary? It's not so much for Hillary. It's for advancing our own political clout. We need this tool to win EQUAL opportunity.
Forward this to your friends in CA. Many of you have promised to do so. :-)
S. B. Woo
President and a volunteer for the past 18 years
80-20 Initiative, Inc.
View a GREAT 3-part video about AsAms:
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter
80-20 Mission Statement