Want Goodwin Liu to be a judge in the Appeals court? He is often
mentioned as a possible candidate to become the first Asian
American Supreme Court Justice? Send an e-mail today
At least 4 more GOP senators and 1 Dem senator need to vote to break
the GOP block on Goodwin's nomination. The key Senators are shown
below. Send email now. The senate will vote for closure TOMORROW.
1) Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA), we helped elect him. He is about to retire)
2) Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN, a key GOP senator in this matter.)
3) Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
4) Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA) http://isakson.senate.gov/
5) Sen. Olympia Snow (R-ME)
6) Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH)
GOP senator who supposedly have already committed to vote to
unblock are Senators Scott Brown (MA), Susan Colins (ME), and Lisa
Find a hook in the contents of you email. The hook must be truthful.
Otherwise, it'll ruin the reputation of the AsAm community. Examples of
1) I am a voter in your state, or I used to live in your state. Give address.
2) I have relatives and friends living in your state. Or I contributed to
your campaigns. Or I am a Republican/Dem. (Note:
Otherwise we ruin our community's reputation.)
3) We met. Specify when and where.
4) I usually vote R/D. But I am really unhappy about your Party
blocking judicial nominees for partisan politics.
Mention that you are an 80-20 supporter. Get the GOP senators accustomed
to knowing 80-20.
Goodwin Liu came from Georgia. That counts with GA senators. So 1f6 I hope a
lot of AsAms in Georgia will email. The more the two political parties
hear from us, the more they will pay attention to AsAms. Most AsAms
don't know that interconnection. 80-20 knows. Together we shall
S. B. Woo, a volunteer http://www.80-20initiative.net