Three days after 80-20 raised the Supreme Court Justices issue
worrying about a Supreme Court filled with Bush appointees, the NY
Times answered. A front page article on 10/22 says that Kerry may
appoint the first Asian American to the Supreme Court! See excerpt:
“With no vacancies on the court in more than a decade, there
is heightened expectation that the next president will have
one or more opportunities to choose justices and shape the
court for years to come.
Some people who could be considered for the Supreme Court,
according to interviews with several Democratic advisers:
Harold Hongju Koh, the dean of Yale Law School. Professor
Koh, a widely admired scholar who has worked in both
Democratic and Republican administrations, would be the
court's first Asian-American member.”
A Supreme Court appointment like that, for Asian Ams., will mean
(1) NO MORE risk of internment for us and our children, &
(2) NO MORE selective enforcement of laws, e.g. enforcing E.O. 11246
for all Americans but not for AsAms. We’ll get a just hearing in
highest court of our land.
Vote KERRY For A Brighter Future.
[B] RECORD MEMBERSHIP SET! New Goal: 2400 members
80-20 is NEVER MODEST in achieving goals for YOU (e.g. an AsAm
Spreme Court Justice & the enforcement of EO 11246). It sets
high goals for itself also. Please help 80-20 grow to 2400. Using
credit card, visit http://www.acteva.com/go/80-20 (easy to
or http://www.80-20initiative.net/membership.html (Paypal)
PERSONAL checks are payable to "80-20 PAC", mailed to:
Jing-Li Yu 80-20 special Assistant
P.O. Box 527340 Flushing, NY 11352-7340 .
Write down your E-MAIL address & PHONE no. on the BACK of the
[C] READERS’ REACTIONS – Both Positive & Negative Ones:
(i) Positive Ones
1) Your endorsement committee did a great job in the endorsement
process. Congratulations. I have held off my presidential campaign
donation. Now I shall split it in half - one for the 80-20 TV ad and
directly to the Kerry campaign, identifying that I am a 80-20
supporter as 80-20 suggests. Sun-yiu
2) Thanks for all your effort. Phoebe
3) Thank you for your dedication to the benefit of all Asian
Americans! We admire you and we are very grateful to you for
everything you have done for all of us. I have just sent a $100 check
to 80-20 as a donation. Yi
4) Your article is very well written and I fully agree with you.
Vinnie Goel, Ph.D., PE
5) Your choice for a Kerry is a great one. .. I am not a member yet
but I do want to be a regular member next year. CAReddy
6) Thank you for the excellent work that you and others are doing. I
have been following 80-20 and am gradually convinced of its value.
7) I'm looking forward to my membership. I think your emails re: 80-
20's work are opening people's eyes about the possibilities and
of working together as a block. Carol Suzuki
8) Just this morning I mailed to the Wing Luke Asian Museum in
Seattle, WA a small cardboard suitcase that held all the personal
possessions of our dear friend Miyo Enokida (now in her 80s) as she
and her family headed off for internment back in the bad old days of
WWII. Patriot Act and all lead me to think it would not be beyond the
imagination to anticipate Bush/Cheney imposing the same today on
various "suspect" populations. I will sign up for 80/20 membership
today. Check my web site
9) Thank you for sending me some very valuable info. I always read
them with interest. Jagat
10) Thank you for the message. I strongly support the 80-20
endorsement of Kerry. Your reference to the justification of
internment by Howard Coble is news to me. Could you please send me
more information? Youxue Zhang
11) We endorse the support. Ashok K. Batra, Esq.
President, Indian Amer.Pol.Aff.Comm, Silver Spring, Maryland
12) I'm not sure what Bush is thinking. What does he think South
Vietnam was doing for 20 years before 1975... we were fighting. Minh
13) As soon as I can, I will join the organization. Looking forward to
being active and becoming a member. It is rewarding being upon good
and intelligent people. Debra A. Warren
14) Well done SB Ka Sing
15) Admire your devoting efforts for the benefit of Asia-Americans
16) In full agreement. Joseph Tsang Man
17) I and my husband have voted for Kerry this morning because will
not at the town on 11/2/04, also we will do our best to tell the people
around us why we voted Kerry. Weixian
18) Keep up the good work. I just mailed a small donation.
Ted Chiao, San Francisco
19) WE ARE COMPLETELY IGNORED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION
RIGHT NOW PER YOUR INFORMATION. WHAT MORE DO WE
NEED.OUR VOTE MUST NOT BE DIVIDED OTHERWISE WE WILL
NEVER HAVE A CLOUT. WHEN KERRY WIN THEN THEY WILL KNOW
THAT THEY CAN NOT IGNORED THE ASIAN VOTES. ANDY
20) I support your backing of the Kerry/Edwards democratic ticket. You
rest assure that there will be bias attacks against Asians if war
commence between North Korea and the United States …Yichuan1 Sherwin
21) You have been doing a great job in promoting 80-20. All Asian
should thank you for your noble effort. Philip
22) Thanks for your effort to support Kerry, I agree you 100%. I'll
to promote our choice in Houston as much as I can. Edward I. Tsao
23) WE ARE CAMPAIGNING AND DOING FUNDRAISING FOR KERRY. WE
HAVE A HOUSE PARTY THIS SUNDAY FOR KERRY. I AM GLAD THAT YOU
ARE TELLING EVERYBODY TO VOTE FOR KERRY. WAY TO GO. A VOTE FOR
KERRY IS A VOTE FOR BETTER AMERICA. ANDY YAP,M.D.
24) Good job. Well done, Jack Feng
25) Thank you for all your great work! More power to you!
26) good advice and very informative. youngtae shin
27) I am a Vietnamese-American and an arden supporter of John Kerry
from day one. … Most young Vietnamese-American people like me support
John F. Kerry. Phillip D. Nguyen
(ii) Negative Ones -- the Mentality of Some Bush Supporters.
1) I'm voting for Bush. Go back to Asia if you don't like our
President. Kato S.
2) As an Asian and a veteran, I do not endorse Kerry. It would be
disastrous for the United States as well as for all the free
Perhaps it would be best for those who oppose the United States and
what the country stands for to leave. GK
3) Go back to your dog eating jungle you fxxking rag head .
4) FxxK YOU STUPID LIB Khiet Tran
5) You freaking Communist. Benjamin Lane
6) NO, this is a man who supported the North Vietnamese, he
supported Communism. Do not again ask me to vote for Mr Kerry.
7) I DON"T KNOW ANY VIETNAMESE, YOU SHOULD BE DAMN GLAD TO
LIVE IN A COUNTRY THAT WAS WILLING TO FIGHT FOR YOUR
FREEDOM, I'LL VOTE BUSH lOVER A TRAITOR LIKE KERRY ANY DAY
Needless to say, MOST Bush supporters don't have the above type
of mentality. Nevertheless, that a certain fraction of Bush voters
think ike that is a source of great concern.